Monday, December 9, 2013

Creamy Baked Potato Soup

Hello, all!  Let me introduce myself.  My name is Ellen Kowallis.  I am the MOM that Jernae frequently refers to, and there are certainly some things she may post that I might plead the 5th to.

This week was our annual Adult Ward Christmas Party.  Our ward's tradition of the Adult Christmas party is wonderfully extreme.  So nice to have a night where just adults can come and focus on what's important.  Children are great, but let's face it... Yes, moms! Our husband should take precedence before our children. And since that rarely happens in our culture, I'm grateful to wise Bishops who provide this time for us.  The family party is this coming weekend where children are invited.  So I'm even more grateful to people who have helped with both.

Since changing our lifestyle I try to sign up to bring food to functions so we can have something to eat.  I signed up for soup and a dessert.  I figured we could just handle the rest.  Luckily for us our ward is the BEST!  For the main course they included baked potatoes and the organizer brought salsa just for Kim and me so we could put it on our potatoes. We, definitely, went away stuffed as everyone else.

The recipe for the soup I brought is include in this post. (The dessert I will post later) I didn't mention to anyone that it was plantbased, and by the time our table was selected to get our soup, it was gone!  We had to scrap the bowl to get any.  :)  And then afterward the organizer said that she received many compliments about it. So I hope you enjoy it as much as the ward did.

I will give full credit to the blog called LUNCH BOX BUNCH, which is where I got the recipe from. After soaking the almonds you may have to blanch them to get the skins off, which made it super easy. Or you could just use cashews (raw of course).  They are beautifully white and make a very creamy sauce.
The Lunch Box Bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment