Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hippie Dippy Loaf








In response to telling my super at work that I was going to make "Hippie Loaf" (check the link for the recipe) for dinner a couple days ago, he looked at me and said, "You're a hippie."

I smiled and replied, "Yes, I am a hippie."

I've always been a big fan of meat loaf. The all-american meal. Meat, potatoes, bread. Mmm. But all that doesn't have to end when you cut out the meat. This is another recipe from Lindsay Nixon's The Happy Herbivore cookbook. Lucky for you, this one is offered on her website!!! Which means you can do this tonight for dinner! And I'll bet you already have most of this stuff in your fridge.

Lots of veggies, lots of protein, lots of nutrients, and TONS of yum.

I partnered mine with a simple baked potato with Mrs. Dash lemon pepper, and a couple slices of whole wheat bread with plant-based strawberry freezer jam (my mom's...and SO good). In the words of the King of Pop, "Jam!
It Ain't Too Much..."

Picture of Hippie Loaf
The Happy Herbivore

The Happy Herbivore herself also offers the nutritional facts for this meal, and it just makes me grin ear to ear. Wanna know how much protein is in this veggie packed Hippie Loaf? 14.9 g.

2 comments:

  1. Believe me, Jernae eats too much jam. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it good? I wouldn't mind trying meatless meals

    ReplyDelete