Sunday, December 8, 2013

'Tis the Season (Gingerbread French Toast and Hot Cocoa)

For the last twenty-four hours here in Ogden it's been snowing like crazy. Trying to get all my grocery shopping done, a credit union trip, cleaning out my garage, shoveling the driveway and sidewalk, and finishing the final Christmas decor for my home was quite an adventure yesterday. It also allowed all that cold to sink into my bones. Since today is Sunday I get a nice long day to curl up with various Christmas movies (one of my personal favorites...Mr. Krueger's Christmas with Jimmy Stewart--probably one of his best roles). And what goes best with Christmas movies and snow than Gingerbread French Toast and piping hot chocolate?

Nothing. 

For my gingerbread French Toast, I got the recipe from the talented and lovely, Lindsay Nixon and her Happy Herbivore cookbook "The Happy Herbivore." This french toast is probably better than regular cholesterol-heavy French Toast. You'd never know it was vegan! She has a basic recipe, a gingerbread recipe, and an Eggnog French Toast recipe. 

That's right...Eggnog French Toast. You better believe it. 

Since this recipe is part of her book and not one offered on her website, I don't want to just give it away. The kindle book is only $8.99 right now, so download it! And you'll have a lot of the Happy Herbivore recipes I use! 

To top it off, I drizzled all natural maple syrup and had a navel orange on the side. 

For the hot chocolate...oh gosh, you're going to love this. It's The Best Vegan Hot Chocolate! I got this way easy recipe from The Pretty Bee, Kelly. All you need is Almond Milk, Cocoa Powder, and Coconut Sugar (you can get it at any Whole Foods, Harmons, and probably most grocery stores). 

No comments:

Post a Comment