Saturday, January 18, 2014

Forks Over Knives

So, as I've stated in my "story" the documentary Forks Over Knives was one of the key ingredients to getting me to change my outlook on what I was putting into my body. That was back in August of 2013 (I've honestly only been eating this way for 5 months--and it feels like I should have been doing this my whole life).

Just tonight, I finished making Creamy Baked Potato Soup for dinner (it's quick, it's easy, try it!) after a few hours of writing a chapter of my new novel, and sat down to quickly check my Facebook. One of my good friends is seeing a man who is cool like me--in and of the fact that he's a plant eater too (Veggiesaurus, Lexi! Veggiesaurus!). Okay, now that I have the Jurassic Park reference out of the way . . . I saw my friend's status. My friend's awesome man was introducing her to the documentary tonight.

"Forks over knives movie night" was her status.

My response?

Okay, maybe not that strong . . . but you get the idea. In fact, since it's been 5 months since the last time I watched it, I turned on my TV and pulled up Netflix. I'm such a fan of the research presented in this film, along with the knowledge of all the doctors in it (You could call me a Esselstyn/Campbell/McDougall/Esselstyn/Popper fan girl--ECMEP Fan Girl). And those aren't even all the doctors in the film.
And no . . . I did not mistakenly put Dr. Esselstyn twice. I believe you've become aware of my enthusiasm for his retired Firefighter son, Rip.

If anyone wants to find out why it is that I'm such a weirdo about all this, take a look at the film. You can actually watch it on the Forks Over Knives website now on either Amazon or iTunes if you don't have Netflix.

Learn about why you can't seem to give up cheese, learn why it is that you always feel hungry even after you finish (and have to force yourself away from the table). Learn how you can prevent and REVERSE heart disease, diabetes, cancers, MS, and other life-threatening diseases. Learn about how you can STOP taking statins. Learn about how you can feel better, sleep better, and live better.

And then . . . you can be a fan girl like me:)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment