Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Healthy Truffle?

chocolate peanut butter "truffles"
Veg Kitchen

The truth of the matter is that there is no such thing as a real healthy truffle. Not really. BUT it is possible to make them healthier. True story. I'm not going to lie, but I have a bit of a chocolate sweet tooth. Especially dark chocolate. And when I found this recipe for a peanut butter chocolate protein truffle, I went nuts! Because not only does it have healthful grains, but it also has a healthy fruit... one that you'd never guess when trying one. Raisins.

This Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle recipe comes from the brilliant Nava Atlas and her website Veg Kitchen. Its simple, its easy, and you can probably make it with things you already have in your kitchen. When I made these, I did not have wheat germ, so I used flax seed powder instead. These are loaded with protein, fiber, omega fatty acids (if you use the flax seed) and you wont feel as guilty giving them to your kids (or eating a few extra yourself). I'm not going to lie, I've sometimes been known to sneak more than eight onto my bedroom and eat all of them in one sitting.

Hope you like them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment